The library has two wireless internet networks. One is called Polity and can be used by staff, faculty, or students. The second network is called SJC Guest and anyone can connect to this network.
Connecting to SJC- Guest
1) Select sjc-guest from your list of networks. Once you select this network, you will be redirected to the following login screen:
2) You can log in using any valid email address. Once you are logged in, navigate to your browser of choice. (Please note that Safari is currently not able to interact with our logon portal and so should not be used for this.)
3) You may encounter a screen similar to the one below. If you encounter this screen, continue to the next step.
4) Click on the “Advanced” link (or its equivalent), and another screen will appear.
5) Click on the “Proceed to securelogin.arubanetworks.com (unsafe)” link and you should be redirected.
**Please note: On certain devices, you may have to perform the authentication procedure twice. If you encounter any issues logging into the wireless network, please ask at the Circulation Desk.**
Connecting to Polity
In order to connect to the Polity network, you must have a SJC username and password.
1) Select polity from your list of networks.
2) Login using your SJC username and password.
3) You may encounter a privacy notice screen, similar to the one listed in the SJC-Guest instructions. If you encounter this screen, follow the directions to the left.